Saturday 7 December 2013

:: my first market stall ::


It's been a little while since I've blogged; things have been so busy. I'm really looking forward to next year being a (hopefully) slower one. In amongst looking after Willem & trying to sort out allergies & food intolerances, babysitting another 10 month old 3+ days a week, I was asked if I wanted to have stall at a craft market at my old gym. To be honest, I hadn't really thought about it. Since the stall would only cost $25 (which all went to the Royal Women's Ovarian Cancer Fund) I decided to give it a whirl. 

I had 3 weeks to work out what I'd sell, how I'd sell it, and get myself organised. Probably not something you should rush, but I did. Very stressful process! I wanted to make some more prints that were health/fitness/positive/well-being focused (since I figured that most of the people through Fernwood would appreciate that). I knocked up a few, and will put some of them on Etsy in the near future.

One dilemma was signage, and how to display prints without a mock-wall full of nails. I saw an idea on Pinterest for a chalkboard (did you know Bunnings sell masonite pre-painted in chalkboard paint? Handy!) display. This saved my life. I drew it up on the morning of the market, so it's super rushed, but I don't mind since it's my first time, and it's over.

There weren't a lot of people through, but I got a few orders, and one massive lead. The owner of Fernwood wants me to make some extra large prints at gym art! So that's a bit exciting.
I took a couple of snaps after I set up (halfway through unpacking all my displays, I realized I didn't have my bag of STOCK to sell!! Maaaajor freak out. But it was in the car, thank GOD.). Albeit a rushed job, it did the job. And now I feel a bit more confident to try a bigger market and up the anti! We all need these semi-humbling experiences to get better, yeah? :)





4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a great setup. Well done for going to the trouble.Thank you for my poster. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous Hannah! Especially for having such a short time to get everything together. I love the chalkboard and the easel. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a bit of love behind in my comment box!