Wednesday 3 October 2012

:: starting the second trimester ::

(photo taken at 15 weeks)

Entering the Second Trimester was all I wanted to do. Even though the mini heartbeat was spotted on the 7.5 week ultrasound,  I still nervously awaited my 12 week scan. I didn't want to hurt things by being anxious or stressing, but I just couldn't completely relax.

Finally scan day arrived, and Jason was able to be with me. We had a long wait in the radiology waiting room. Way too much time to think about how you might react if you get bad news.

But up pops bub on the screen. So.. so human looking! I was expecting a bit more of a lumpy mexican bean to be honest. But there it was, laying on it's back, legs curled up and looking very relaxed.


The radiologist took a million measurements. It didn't even cross my mind that it actually was laying super still the whole time until the radiologist asked  me to cough to try and get it to change positions. It gave me such a rush of joy to see it suddenly 'jump up' and kick it's leg exactly like a frog. Praise God for the miracle of life.

We booked the 20 week (GENDER DAY!!!) scan on our way out. 8 weeks seemed like forever away.

After that things started to feel a lot more 'real'. My belly was a bit bigger than it had gotten to last time. I sort of hoped I might be able to keep it quiet for a few more weeks, but then caved. Plus people at work were guessing anyway.

Now I'm 16.5 weeks (whoop indeed) and loving my more noticable bump. It feels really firm.. No kicks as yet, but for the first time, I feel like I have a bulge that is actually pretty :). I'm out of all my jeans, and 'button' shirts. Stretchy T-shirts are fun to wear, and my maternity tights are saving me at work. Mum bought me some maternity bras which I had been procrastinating on getting for way too long. I put the first pair on and just about cried. Nothing had ever felt so blissful.

And as for the coming months, it's going to be a maxi-dress summer. x

12 comments:

  1. Wowie, you're growing slowly and steady ... you're going to be a lucky tiny pregnant mommy who doesn't even look pregnant from behind aren't you my dear ;) xx yay, excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're very sweet. xox But so are my cravings. So we'll see how tiny from the back by the end!!

      Delete
  2. So so
    Happy for you :-) can't wait to find out what the sex is! - Ashlee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME EITHER!! I don't know how I ever considered waiting for 'a surprise' lol.

      Delete
  3. Oh sweetheart you look so lovely! I am so so overjoyed for you both and praying that you continue to be blessed as you start this wonderful new adventure together! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking wonderful Han! The stretchy jersey cotton maxi skirts with the fold over waist band are super comfy too
    Em Quinn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good!! Do glad you and baby are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bump is so cute! So happy for Hannah and glad things are going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies! Yes, things are going just swimmingly (pun intended ;)).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Han you're so beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a bit of love behind in my comment box!