bit of a mouthful? so are these when you bite 'em.
- 1 3/4 cup oats
- 3 egg whites (I did use the whole egg, but up to you)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular plain low fat yogurt)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vinegar)
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup sugar substitute (like Splenda granular) OR 2 tbs stevia (I did Stevia)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil cupcake liners, or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a blender, (or food processor), mix all of the ingredients together. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth.
Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/2 of the chocolate chips (set the rest aside). Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans.
I did this in my Thermomix. That's my mixture below, looking rather foamy since I had just put the hot water on the baking soda!
I found that the cakes stuck to the paper quite badly when I eagerly tried to sample a warm one, but now that they are completely cooled, they come off easier.